Thanks for stopping by the Springline Coffee Booth.
Springline Coffee Roasts
Welcome to our new series, NautiCoffee Cocktails! We're kicking this week off with our crew's favorite, The Springline Signature Espresso Martini. The drink made for a post-dinner pick me up as you head out for a sunset sail. The legendary Espresso Martini marries bold coffee flavors with the richness of Godiva Milk Chocolate liqueur, Kahlúa and the smoothness of Vodka. The Springline Signature Espresso Martini showcases our Echo Bravo Espresso, sourced from 5 small estates giving this coffee blend big bold flavors, smoothness, and an exceptional crema finish.
The Famous Espresso Martini was first created in 1983. Back then, it was known as a "Vodka Espresso." Cocktail legend has it that a British model asked prominent bartender and bar owner, Dick Bradsell for a cocktail that contained coffee. The model needed a cocktail that would wake her up after a long day. Dick mixed her a drink using Vodka, sugar, coffee liqueur, and a shot of espresso he grabbed from the coffee machine next to his station. The glamour of the story skyrocketed this cocktail into popularity. The drink continues to maintain an indulgent edginess that makes it a favorite to this day.
Things to Know
A few things to keep in mind to ensure your Springline Signature Espresso Martini is mixologist-level delicious.
- Prepare the Echo Bravo Espresso beforehand and let it chill. This step will help minimize dilution, which will make your drink colder and tastier!
- When shaking your cocktail, think of waking your drink to life, not rocking it to bed. The rigorous shaking motion will help improve the amount of frothy foam that will top your cocktail.
- As you strain, make sure to pour your drink swiftly from your shaker to ensure you get all of that beautiful foam out and on top of your drink.
- Make sure to have Echo Bravo Espresso beans on hand for garnish
- 1.5oz Ketel One Vodka
- 1.5oz Kahlúa Coffee Liqueur
- 1oz Godiva Milk Chocolate Liqueur
- 1oz Springline Echo Bravo Espresso
- Fill a cocktail shaker with a generous amount of ice.
- Measure and combine spirits and Echo Bravo Espresso.
- Shake vigorously for 20 seconds to get nice and frothy.
- Strain and pour into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with 3 Echo Bravo Espresso beans.
- Enjoy with your crew!
Enjoy More From The Springline Coffee Blog
Interested in discovering what it takes to perfect your pour? Stick with us as we guide you through our ultimate guide to pour over coffee.
There are several benefits to brewing your own coffee - from better quality control to saved time to a superior coffee experience. For many, our crew included, it is more fun and fascinating to have a hands-on approach to your brewing process. The growing trend for gourmet coffee making has resulted in an impressive range of gadgets and differing opinions. While we support all brewing styles, we’re focusing on a few of our favorite and crowd-pleasing manual brewing methods.
This week’s Nauti Coffee is for all of our Snowbirds, who are missing the warmer weather. One sip of our Springline Roman Holiday will transport you to tropical sandy beaches and sunshine. The cocktail is a take on the classic 1970’s Jungle Bird made of dark rum, Campari, lime, pineapple, and demerara syrup. The Roman Holiday puts a twist on the class by replacing the rim with Amaro Meletti, a bittersweet Italian liqueur made with botanicals including anise, clove, gentian, orange peel, saffron, and violet flower. Amaro Meletti blends nicely with the Campari, another Italian liqueur, which has notes of bitter orange. The other ingredients include pineapple and lime juices, demerara syrup, and Springline Signature cold-brew coffee. The Roman Holiday is complex and has several elements, as it walks a fine line in this balancing act of bitter and sweet.
Whether you believe it or not, 2021 is here! This time of year brings reflection and goal setting for the new year. While most resolutions aim to improve your health, exercise more, save money, or learn something new - our resolution combines all of these! This year our crew aims to drink more coffee. We’re taking advantage of all the health benefits coffee has to offer. Let’s dive into those health benefits, and then maybe after, dive into a cup of Springline!