This week’s Nauti Coffee is for all of our Snowbirds, who are missing the warmer weather. One sip of our Springline Roman Holiday will transport you to tropical sandy beaches and sunshine. The cocktail is a take on the classic 1970’s Jungle Bird made of dark rum, Campari, lime, pineapple, and demerara syrup. The Roman Holiday puts a twist on the class by replacing the rim with Amaro Meletti, a bittersweet Italian liqueur made with botanicals including anise, clove, gentian, orange peel, saffron, and violet flower. Amaro Meletti blends nicely with the Campari, another Italian liqueur, which has notes of bitter orange. The other ingredients include pineapple and lime juices, demerara syrup, and Springline Signature cold-brew coffee. The Roman Holiday is complex and has several elements, as it walks a fine line in this balancing act of bitter and sweet.
Things to Know
A few tips for making your Springline Roman Holiday:
- Use a large square or round ice cube to help minimize dilution.
- Use fresh-squeezed pineapple and lime juice for the best results.
- 1 oz of Amaro Meletti
- ¼ oz of Campari
- 1 oz of Springline Signature Cold Brew
- ¾ oz pineapple juice
- ¾ oz lime juice
- 1 pinch of salt
- Cinnamon stick
- Add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker, and shake well.
- Strain into a double rocks glass.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick and enjoy!