Meet the Springline Holiday Stroll White Russian! This drink is easy to make and hits the spot in any season, but especially during the holidays. This cocktail mixes some of our favorite things - vodka, Springline Holiday Stroll (chilled), coffee liqueur, and cream! The White Russian is a decadently creamy, seemingly sweet beverage that is a delicious alternative to an adult milkshake. It’s meant to be indulgent, so treat yourself this holiday season!
Made famous by “The Dude” in the Big Lebowski, the drink took off in popularity in the late 90’s. The origins of the White Russian can be traced back 1960’s when someone added a bit of cream to a Black Russian. The Black Russian is a simple, two-part cocktail that combines vodka and Kahlúa liqueur. Neither drink is Russian in origin, but rather the name refers to the vodka, a spirit often associated with Russia. The addition of cream gives the drink a smooth mouthfeel and richness, almost like a latte.
Things to Know
A few tips for making your Springline White Russian:
- Large ice cubes aren’t just for show - they’re science. Ice with a larger surface area melts slower than small or crushed ice, ensuring your drink won’t dilute as you drink it. Use a large square or round ice cube.
- Want to make a lighter version of the White Russian? If you find heavy cream too rich then swap it for whole milk or 2% milk. If you’re looking for a dairy free alternative, then opt for a plant based (oat, soy) or nut based (almond, cashew) milk creamer. Adding a nut or plant-based creamer will keep your White Russian decadent.
- Stir gently to get that beautiful swirl effect. If you stir it vigorously, the drink will turn a solid beige. By stirring it gently a few times, the cream will swirl into the vodka and Kahlúa liqueur in a beautiful pattern.
- If you want to make a large batch of White Russians, the ratio is 2 parts vodka to 1part Kahlúa liqueur, 1 part cold brew, and 1 part cream.
- 2 oz of vodka
- 1 oz of Kahlúa liqueur
- 1 oz of Springline Holiday Stroll
- 1 oz of heavy cream
- Combine ice, vodka, Kahlúa liqueur, Springline Holiday Stroll in a low ball glass.
- Top with heavy cream and gently stir.
- Garnish with coffee beans and enjoy!