Welcome to our new series, NautiCoffee Cocktails! We're kicking this week off with our crew's favorite, The Springline Signature Espresso Martini. The drink made for a post-dinner pick me up as you head out for a sunset sail. The legendary Espresso Martini marries bold coffee flavors with the richness of Godiva Milk Chocolate liqueur, Kahlúa and the smoothness of Vodka. The Springline Signature Espresso Martini showcases our Echo Bravo Espresso, sourced from 5 small estates giving this coffee blend big bold flavors, smoothness, and an exceptional crema finish.
The Famous Espresso Martini was first created in 1983. Back then, it was known as a "Vodka Espresso." Cocktail legend has it that a British model asked prominent bartender and bar owner, Dick Bradsell for a cocktail that contained coffee. The model needed a cocktail that would wake her up after a long day. Dick mixed her a drink using Vodka, sugar, coffee liqueur, and a shot of espresso he grabbed from the coffee machine next to his station. The glamour of the story skyrocketed this cocktail into popularity. The drink continues to maintain an indulgent edginess that makes it a favorite to this day.
Things to Know
A few things to keep in mind to ensure your Springline Signature Espresso Martini is mixologist-level delicious.
- Prepare the Echo Bravo Espresso beforehand and let it chill. This step will help minimize dilution, which will make your drink colder and tastier!
- When shaking your cocktail, think of waking your drink to life, not rocking it to bed. The rigorous shaking motion will help improve the amount of frothy foam that will top your cocktail.
- As you strain, make sure to pour your drink swiftly from your shaker to ensure you get all of that beautiful foam out and on top of your drink.
- Make sure to have Echo Bravo Espresso beans on hand for garnish
- 1.5oz Ketel One Vodka
- 1.5oz Kahlúa Coffee Liqueur
- 1oz Godiva Milk Chocolate Liqueur
- 1oz Springline Echo Bravo Espresso
- Fill a cocktail shaker with a generous amount of ice.
- Measure and combine spirits and Echo Bravo Espresso.
- Shake vigorously for 20 seconds to get nice and frothy.
- Strain and pour into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with 3 Echo Bravo Espresso beans.
- Enjoy with your crew!